Primary Care Services
At Town Center Family Medicine, we provide continuing and comprehensive pediatric and adult health care, including most preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic services for a wide array of acute and chronic problems. As family physicians, we are dedicated to treating the whole person. Family medicine’s cornerstone is an ongoing, personal patient-physician relationship focused on integrated care. Unlike other specialties that are limited to a particular organ, disease, age, or sex, family medicine integrates care and patient information for both genders across the full spectrum of ages within the context of the family and community. In addition, it advocates for the patient in an increasingly complex healthcare system.
With an emphasis on disease prevention and health promotion, family medicine aims to provide personal, comprehensive and continuing care of the individual throughout every stage of life. Town Center Family Medicine is especially devoted to making each individual patient’s needs and concerns a priority.
We are a certified Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This innovative program to improve primary care encourages and facilitates partnerships between individual patients and personal physicians and, when appropriate, the patient’s family. FFPC is organized as a physician-led care team that provides for every patient’s health care needs and coordinates care across the healthcare system.
The first year of your newborn’s life is a time of rapid growth and development, which is monitored and enriched at each wellness visit. Social, emotional, and developmental well-being principles are introduced and reinforced. At Town Center Family Medicine, we can ensure that your newborn or child receives exceptional care from our many capable physicians and health professionals. We are dedicated to providing individualized newborn and pediatric care that is best for your child’s health and well-being. Our services support and aid your child’s development and growth from infancy to childhood. These services include:
- Acute illness
- Developmental issues
- Newborn care
- Well-baby exams (including measurements, head-to-toe physical exam, development)
- Well-child exams
Adolescent health encompasses an essential transition from childhood to adulthood. During this transition, adolescents establish patterns of behavior and make lifestyle choices that affect both their current and future health. It is our goal as your family medicine provider to assist with this transition by offering education, medical support and resources. Important areas include:
- General physical health & nutrition: physicals, immunizations, well child exams, treatment of minor illnesses & injuries, assessment & treatment of eating disorders and nutritional concerns
- Mental health & substance abuse: coping skills, stress management, drug & alcohol usage education
- Sexual health: pubertal development, sexual identity, STDs & HIV education, sexuality education, contraception, menstrual health
- Violence: offenders and victims of bullying, psychosocial health, health & safety issues
- Dermatologic health: acne, skin conditions, warts, eczema, burns
- ADD/ADHD: mental & emotional well-being, severity, prevalence, difficulty learning, understanding, or paying attention, medication
At Town Center Family Medicine, women’s health covers many areas including menstrual disorders, contraception, menopause, and breast issues. Services provided to address these areas include pap smears, IUD insertions, and check-ups and screenings for breast, cervical, uterine, and ovarian cancer. We also offer the entire spectrum of women’s healthcare including GYN check-ups and management of any related health issues.
We provide medical and preventive care for all age groups and encourage a healthy lifestyle and health maintenance for every patient.